Unpopulated subdirectories for amd64

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Sep 28 08:25:15 PDT 2010

On Tue, September 28, 2010 2:41 am, PrzemysÅ?aw PaweÅ?czyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm learning the DFBSD community website.
>
> I've found that .../stable/... subdirectories are unpopulated contrary
> to .../stable/All. See .../stable/graphics and others.
>
> http://avalon.dragonflybsd.org/packages/amd64/DragonFly-2.7/stable/All/

These packages are normally uploaded by the bulk build mechanism that
creates them all.  The bulk build puts all the binary packages in /All,
and then creates symlinks in all the other directories.

The symlinks aren't uploaded, which hasn't been a problem in general
because everything (pkg_add, pkg_radd, etc.) looks in the /All dir by
default.  I've been a bit nervous about having all those links uploaded; I
don't know if mirrors will download them as links or treat them as files
and download the actual data all over again.