Misleading directory names

Przemysław Pawełczyk pp_o2 at o2.pl
Tue Sep 28 04:23:20 PDT 2010

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:59:02 +0100
Alex Hornung <ahornung at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/09/10 11:44, Przemysław Pawełczyk wrote:
> > A real example - I installed DFBSD and I wanted to have some
> > applications too. I went to the page:
> > http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/howtos/HowToPkgsrc/#index4h2
> >
> > There is setenv PKG_PATH .../i386/... defining the path to packages'
> > database.
> >
> For whatever it's worth, if you just mentioned the actual problem
> first instead of criticizing that there are two different directories
> for the same architecture on a mirror, your criticism/comments would
> be very useful from the start.
>
> I much appreciate that you let us know which issues you find but
> raising the actual issue instead of talking around it and only
> getting to it 3 mails later isn't as useful as it could be.
>
> Regards,
> Alex

That's the same problem Round Robin - whether to keep the info short as
everybody else is quick-witted and thus any further
discription would be unwelcome (offending), or put it in broader
context from the start. I have chosen a "middle road" - first short
message, then description if it would be necessary.

Anyway, I will think over your remarks. Thanks.

Regards

--
Przemysław Pawełczyk (P2O2) [pron. Pshemislav Paveltchick]
http://pp.blast.pl, pp_o2 at o2.pl
pgp00030.pgp