Weird entry in ISO

Samuel J. Greear sjg at evilcode.net
Fri Sep 24 06:32:41 PDT 2010

2010/9/24 Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2 at o2.pl>:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:43:26 +0100
> Alex Hornung <ahornung at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 24/09/10 13:37, Przemysław Pawełczyk wrote:
>> > I know, and I would expect such answer. No offense please, but for
>> > how long yet such attitude will prevail in Unix community? It
>> > lingers from 80s of the last... Cenury of the last Millennium. ;-)

There is a very specific and very good reason why the Unix community
has this attitude and it has prevailed for so long. Did you ever
consider what it might be?

Importing software and even seemingly simple defaults, like making
software required for things like our LiveDVD, increases our
maintenance burden. Our maintenance burden is already too high.

Sam