Weird entry in ISO

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Sep 24 06:17:55 PDT 2010

On Fri, September 24, 2010 8:37 am, PrzemysÅ?aw PaweÅ?czyk wrote:

> I know, and I would expect such answer. No offense please, but for how
> long yet such attitude will prevail in Unix community? It lingers from
> 80s of the last... Cenury of the last Millennium. ;-)

The LiveDVD image (dfly-gui-*) comes with preinstalled packages, including
a web browser.  I don't think MC's on there but it should be easy to add.

Except there doesn't seem to be one for 2.6 - the build for it must have
not worked?

The error you saw was probably from a pkg_install version check; you can
rebuild/upgrade it locally, and then things should work.  pkg_install
recently had a version check introduced where other packages won't be
installed if they were built with a newer version, so it has to be
upgraded first.