pkgsrc package builds for 2.8

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Sep 23 14:46:49 PDT 2010

:So, I expect to have pkgsrc-2010Q3 packages for 2.8 about a week after 2.8
:comes out, if all goes well.  I'm not planning (unless 2.8 is delayed
:significantly) to build pkgsrc-2010Q3 on DragonFly 2.6, since it'll
:probably finish right as 2.8 comes out.
:
:If this is a problem for anyone, tell me.  You can always build the
:packages yourself if you're staying on 2.6 for a while, but 2.8 looks to
:be so jam-packed I wouldn't want to wait.

    If the timing looks good we will wait for the build to finish before
    releasing, and release with the 2010Q3 package set.

					<dillon at backplane.com>