USB image

Tron tron at hotbox.ru
Wed Sep 29 23:00:35 PDT 2010

 Thank you Justin and you are right - your link does look interesting.
Just prior to receiving your post, I found something similar myself:

http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/14/windows/system-utils/download-unetbootin-free-bootable-usb-flash-drives-cretor.html

but after reading the cite you suggested would guess that yours is
probably more capable.

I would love to test this out myself, but not being familiar with DF I
probably would not get far beyond the initial command prompt (as was so
cleverly commented on by others) so it would seem a more experienced
tester would be better.  To further complicate matters, the test box I
was thinking of using for DF experimentation apparently cannot boot from
USB.  (It is an old 700MHz Celeron with a BIOS that cannot be upgraded
or easily patched because the mobo is oem ie: unknown...)  Therefore, my
options seem to be either to dig up a more modern piece of junk and
spend some money on bringing it to life or give up on trying to start
with DF with a ready GUI and try yet another time to make it through the
DF handbook without being sidetracked by life...

Regards,
Tron.