Why did you choose DragonFly?

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Thu Sep 23 02:16:51 PDT 2010

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:33:28 -0600
"Samuel J. Greear" <sjg at evilcode.net> wrote:

> This mail is intended for the infrequent responders and lurkers on the
> list just as much as the regular posters.
>
> What has drawn you to use the DragonFly BSD operating system and/or

	Originally it looked like a breath of fresh air compared to
FreeBSD-5 which was looking pretty scary. The clustering goals were (and
still are) also attractive to me. Hammer wasn't around when I got
interested in DragonFly - but it's certainly a good reason to stick around.
I look forward to the day when my main data store is held on two machines
using multi-master Hammer mirrors and I can take down either one without
bothering anything that is using the data.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun