pkgsrc package builds for 2.8

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Thu Sep 23 00:01:13 PDT 2010

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
The next release of pkgsrc, 2010Q3, is due out Oct. 1st.  DragonFly 2.8 is
going to be out soon after.  I stopped the automatic builds of pkgsrc in
the various places I'm building it, as I don't think there's going to be
any changes to really catch at this point.
whats the status w/r/t pkgsrc cvs, git & our git mirror these days?
last I recall there were some sync problems and the 'official' source
fell back to cvs?
side-note/theory thinking some sort of project-local branch might make
sense as a way to funnel patches back to 'official' pkgsrc for inclusion..

nifty thing about distributed VCS is - well - it's distributed !

blah blah blah.. one day at a time

cheers

- Chris