about dma.conf

Matthias Schmidt matthias at dragonflybsd.org
Tue Sep 21 01:31:52 PDT 2010

* dark0s Optik wrote:
> I have some question about directive in dma.conf file:
> 1) SMARTHOST is my computer that I use to send email with dma?

No, SMARTHOST is the host name of your mail relay, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_host

> 2) What is meaning of MAILNAME directive?

You can use this option if your want that the part after the @ should look
different from your real host name (as seen by hostname(1)).

> 3) How can I specify mail's message with dma command?

Setup dma -> /etc/mail/mailer.conf and just use your favorite MUA
(mailx, mutt, Thunderbird, ...).  Just make sure its configured to send
mails through sendmail and not directly to your smarthost.

Cheers

	Matthias