USB image

Tron tron at hotbox.ru
Thu Sep 30 00:48:14 PDT 2010

 Yes, I can boot from cd but would like to try for the big image (if it
was available).  Network booting, I have not considered.  All my
machines are already networked, all are running WinXP.  My old P3's
support network booting but only one box is likely able to boot from USB
(its a CoreDuo laptop so I think it should be modern enough for that).

So if I understand you correctly, once the big image (with x, GUI, etc)
would become available, I would:
-burn it onto a flash drive
-change BIOS settings on the laptop to be the network installer
-change BIOS on the experimental box to be booted from the network
-boot laptop from USB
-try out DF on the test box and if I like it install on HD from the network

Did I get it right?

PS:  my HD on test has about 47GB of unpartitioned space so I would like
to try Hammer if I can.