chlamydia inconsistency? part II.

Przemysław Pawełczyk pp_o2 at o2.pl
Sat Sep 25 06:26:52 PDT 2010

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 14:39:32 +0200
Paweł Oniszczuk <blink at bojary.koba.pl> wrote:

> > BTW.1. pkg_radd prints segmentation fault, see the
> > picture: http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_01.png
> >
> > I had to compile MC from sources.
>
> I'm not sure, but master branch in git repository is probably pkgsrc
> -current? DragonFly BSD has pre-bootstrapped pkgsrc 2010Q2 out-of-box
> currently.
>
> > I was too optimistic. I tried to get MC running using compilation
> > but the procedure also ended up with segmentation fault.
>
> IMO mixing binary packages with source builds isn't good idea,
> especially with two different version of pkgsrc. Dependency hell is
> easy to archive.
> (.....)

I've just got xorg compilation stopped at "error code 1". Perhaps you
are a prophet or what? ;-)

I think I'll jump at your ideas sooner than later. But as for now I'm
fed up with DFBSD - whenever I turn to I stumble at another
hurdle. :-( What is more ambarrassing to me are bugs which
should not be there - like the faulty partition size allocation
algorithm during installation process and manuals crying for their
Master(s).

I agree with Mr Matt Dillon's "long march with small steps" but let the
steps move ahead all aspects of DragonFly BSD.

Many thanks to you and regards to all,
Przemysław

--
Przemysław Pawełczyk (P2O2) [pron. Pshemislav Paveltchick]
http://pp.blast.pl, pp_o2 at o2.pl
pgp00023.pgp