Why did you choose DragonFly?

Yocto yoctogram at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 14:24:06 PDT 2010

On Monday 20 September 2010 15:59:40 Colin Adams wrote:
In my case it was the name. I'm obsessed with dragonflies, and my photo

It's the name for me too, though I'm also drawn to HAMMER. I run ReiserFS
on
Same here. :)
The name and the spirit, its community show, trying to push tech ( & new
algo ) to their limits...
It was refreshing (inspiring) to see high level debates while following the
HAMMER inception.
Anyone remember the memorable discussion (*) between Matthew Dillon and
Daniel Phillips ? :)

(*)  http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Comparing_HAMMER_And_Tux3

However, Matt goal were not for embedded system (read ARM) ...
So we are still ( and successfully ) using NetBSD 3 & 4 in production.
// Yocto