DragonFly-2.8 RELEASED!

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Oct 31 09:20:45 PDT 2010

:      congrats!  I was just introduced to the HAMMER fs  not long ago
:and I like it. I'm wondering,  if the   GUI will  be part of every new
:DragonFly release or only a certain ones?
:
:       Regards
:       Edward

    I think in general pkgsrc is a lot easier to work with now than
    it was even just two releases ago, so hopefully building the gui
    image will be less onorous as we move forward.

    I'd like to get a real window manager into it for the next release
    but we'll see.  Adding something like KDE will probably add another
    ~100 or package dependencies.

					<dillon at backplane.com>