OpenOffice is not available from pkgsrc for dragonfly and binary package errors

Matthias Schmidt matthias at dragonflybsd.org
Tue Oct 19 05:54:06 PDT 2010

Hi,

* Siju George wrote:

> The openoffice3-bin to be used with Linux emulation pkg installs fine
> but starting up it shows this problem.
> Could some one give cilues on solving this problem?

I have OpenOffice 3.0 here on recent master and it runs fine.  Just make
sure that you have a complete Linux environment in /usr/pkg/emul
installed (the suse* pkgsrc packages).  Also you have to load the linux
kernel module.  You do not need a java installation.  Just run "soffice"
once everything is in place.

Cheers

	Matthias