intermediate snapshots

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Oct 17 12:54:44 PDT 2010

:I looked at /home/@@0x000000032c8cabed, which is about halfway between two
:adjacent links in the /var/hammer/home directory. If I had changed files
:before and after that time, what would I see?
:
:Pierre
:--
:li ze te'a ci vu'u ci bi'e te'a mu du
:li ci su'i ze te'a mu bi'e vu'u ci

    Well, you don't really know what other transaction ids might be
    between those two links that might be associated with other files
    and directories, so the snapshot you see might not be quite what
    you expect.  For the particular file or directory in question
    if there are two transaction ids A and B and you access one
    that is half way inbetween, aka ((A + B) / 2), you will most like
    just get the same snapshot as if you had selected B.

					<dillon at backplane.com>