Linux Emulation Docs

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Wed Oct 13 01:57:18 PDT 2010

Siju George wrote:

I got flash working. Sites like youtube google videos work.
Though I haven't compiled in the pcm module for sound
good news - this means the doc is reproducable yay.
will make updates tomorrow.
are you on 2.6 or development?

you don't get flash streaming video.
refresh it a few times and X will freeze
hmm. I think I got this once - but wasn't sure if it was the plugin
or some interaction with the highly experimental windowmanager I
was running at the time :)
definately got some stuck npviewers at some point -
and a lockup or 2.. actually disabled my plugin today
after a freeze - but good to know it mostly-works 'in case' it's
needed for some site or another
I think perhaps something isn't quite 100% with the
linuxulator threading / df threading stuff -
Although that is entirely a theory -
haven't had a chance to dig any further -
am trying to use the system for Real Work(TM)
although not sure if it's worth digging into on 2.6
with all the lock related / MPsafe stuff going on in 2.7 -
Should i upload it to leaf?
I also took a core dump at that point if you want I can upload it also to leaf.
I probably won't get a chance to dig into it -
but perhaps other linuxulator-minded folks might be interested.
typical 'binary blob' disclaimers apply, that being said,
I don't think it should ideally lock up anything, other than
perhaps firefox, imho.
How Do i try the flashplayer 10?
I think there is a .tar.gz or similar available from adobe -
if you backup the existing ns-flash package & copy in the .so
to the same location, it might theoretically be functional
with nspluginwrapper
(/usr/pkg/lib/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so is location for me)

sorry if I made that part sound 'easier' - my memory was
a bit fuzzy on that point at the time.