ACPI

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Mon Oct 11 22:09:27 PDT 2010

On 10/12/2010 6:49, Pierre Abbat wrote:
On Tuesday 12 October 2010 00:12:57 Sascha Wildner wrote:
OK. Is it a CPU with more than one core?
CPU: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 1.80GHz (1794.19-MHz 686-class CPU)
   Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf27  Stepping = 7
Features=0xbfebf9ff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
   Features2=0x400<CNXT-ID>
Does that mean that there are four CPUs? Or is it impossible to tell without a
SMP kernel?
No, I looks like an older single core CPU. But it has hyperthreading
(HTT feature), so it is definitely worth a try.

Also, does the box have the latest BIOS available from Dell installed?

I'll try that in a few days. Btw, it looks like newhandbook/ConfigureKernel
hasn't been updated for the latest loader change.
Yes, our handbook lingers in a permanent state of unupdatedness. If you
see errors, the best thing is to just be bold and fix them yourself.
That would be a great help to us, if more people do it.

Sascha