DragonFly-2.8 RELEASED!

Siju George sgeorge.ml at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 22:44:26 PDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Matthew Dillon
<dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

> :      congrats!  I was just introduced to the HAMMER fs  not long ago
> :and I like it. I'm wondering,  if the   GUI will  be part of every new
> :DragonFly release or only a certain ones?
> :
> :       Regards
> :       Edward
>
>    I think in general pkgsrc is a lot easier to work with now than
>    it was even just two releases ago, so hopefully building the gui
>    image will be less onorous as we move forward.
>
>    I'd like to get a real window manager into it for the next release
>    but we'll see.  Adding something like KDE will probably add another

I use many window managers on different OS installations.
My wife coming from Windows background found xfce to be the easy.
I guess xfce would be a fair choice to give an easy desktop without
much RAM being consumed.
( though my personal preference is fvwm )  :-)

If the desktop is slow then the new user will think that the OS is slow :-)

thanks

--Siju