No package installation method works

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Oct 20 18:28:55 PDT 2010

On Wed, October 20, 2010 3:54 pm, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> A long term *BSD user, I decided to extend our GNU package nightly test
> system setup with Dragonfly BSD.  This is an install under
> virtualisation (qemu or Xen).
>
> The actual install went smoothly, but the package install have failed
> utterly.

Other people have covered this well so far, but here's details on the
pkg_install issue:

http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/2010/09/26/6472.html

pkg_install recently had a version check introduced between the release of
2.6.3 and the most recent quarterly release of pkgsrc; it fails on that.

The pkgsrc howto page, which I think may already have been linked, is a
good resource for now:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/howtos/HowToPkgsrc/