Packages mentioned in summary file are not on mirrors

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Oct 18 20:01:34 PDT 2010

On Mon, October 18, 2010 9:50 am, Tomas Bodzar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 2010Q2  is done by dfly on mirrors? Eg. mplayer is in summary file and
> showed through pkgin or pkg_search, but install is not possible as
> it's not in mirror.
> Some license issues, sure, but why it's in summary file?

Usually, this happens because the file builds during the bulk build, but
there's some restriction like NO_BIN_ON_FTP caused by how it's licensed
that means it can't be uploaded.  I don't see anything for that when
looking through the Makefiles for that or for mplayer-common, which it
depends on.

It's also not listed as something that failed building, which makes sense
if it's in the summary.  I don't have an immediate answer for this, but I
am starting a new set of build builds now; it may become clear with this
new build.  (or it'll all magically work.  And I'll get my own pet pony
that farts rainbows. Hope springs eternal.)