ACPI

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Tue Oct 12 05:01:02 PDT 2010

On Tuesday 12 October 2010 01:09:27 Sascha Wildner wrote:
> No, I looks like an older single core CPU. But it has hyperthreading
> (HTT feature), so it is definitely worth a try.

Will try it, but not till tonight at least. I have to bring the laptop to the
office.

> Also, does the box have the latest BIOS available from Dell installed?

Don't know. I got it used from a friend.

> Yes, our handbook lingers in a permanent state of unupdatedness. If you
> see errors, the best thing is to just be bold and fix them yourself.
> That would be a great help to us, if more people do it.

I'll try, but I don't know what exactly the change was. There's now
a /boot/kernel/ directory with both the kernel and the modules; before the
kernel was /boot/kernel and the modules were in /boot/modules/?

Pierre
--
li ze te'a ci vu'u ci bi'e te'a mu du
li ci su'i ze te'a mu bi'e vu'u ci