Firefox still crashes

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Oct 11 17:53:24 PDT 2010

:On Monday 11 October 2010 14:49:00 Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     Yes, we've been trying to track down various nmalloc issues w/firefox.
:>
:>     Somehow nmalloc's magazines are getting corrupted, but I haven't
:>     figured out how yet.
:
:What's a "magazine"?
:
:Pierre

    We finally found it, thanks in part to the added assertions and your
    reporting of the assertion that occured.  The problem should be gone
    on the latest master.

    A magazine in the context of nmalloc is a small cache of free
    objects of the same size.  Our nmalloc uses magazines in multiple
    layers to avoid MP conflicts between threads.  The particular layer
    that was broken was a fallback layer that wasn't being locked
    properly.

					<dillon at backplane.com>