Printer Daemon (Update)

Tim Darby t+dfbsd at timdarby.net
Wed Nov 24 08:23:14 PST 2010

Thanks, Joe.  I'll try this later when I'm at the machine's location.  Doesn't sound like a smart thing to try remotely. ;-)Tim
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Joe Talbott <josepht at cstone.net> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 09:57:06PM -0700, Tim Darby wrote:
> Here's the output:
> ~> ls -ld /var/run
> drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  0 Nov 21 23:14 /var/run
> ~>  ls -ld /var
> drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  0 Aug 21 22:44 /var
>
> I agree; this is really bizarre-o.
>
> One other data point, fwiw:  This machine, I'm pretty sure, started out with
> a fresh install of DF 2.6, which was then upgraded via source to 2.8 and
> this is the first time I've used it to print.  If I can find a spare
> machine, I'll try a fresh install.  Would a vkernel make a good test?

Please try the attached patch.  There's a slight possibility of a
panic on boot so make a backup copy of /boot/kernel before
installkernel.

Make sure to remove yourself from wheel if you added yourself and
logout and log back in before testing.

Thanks,
Joe