spin_lock on SCSI

goetz at net-amp.com goetz at net-amp.com
Fri Nov 5 09:17:58 PDT 2010

thanx, will try it - give me some time to go through the build - coming
back later

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Hi,
:backtrace available at
:http://www.net-amp.com/test/dump/
:backtrace above is from fresh install with 2.8.2 CD SMP
:...
:happens when starting heavy IO - in this case git pull :-(
    Excellent, that backtrace was very useful.

    Here is an untested kernel source patch for you to try.  You do need
    to compile up a kernel to test this.  A spinlock was being held
    through a softupdates callback.  The problem only occurs when running
    on UFS (and since most of us run on HAMMER we didn't notice).
    fetch http://apollo.backplane.com/DFlyMisc/vfs01.patch