2 questions regarding PF

Przemysław Pawełczyk pp_o2 at o2.pl
Wed Nov 3 00:15:37 PDT 2010

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:04:21 +0200
Stathis Kamperis <ekamperi at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/11/3 Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2 at o2.pl>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 1. Why PF 4.2 not 4.7 or 4.8?
> >
> > OpenBSD page http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/index.html
> > has one important remark bolded: "In particular, there are
> > significant differences between 4.6 and 4.7."
> >
> > Doeas it mean that I would have to learn something rather
> > old - how to use PF 4.2 instead of PF 4.7/4.8. Right?
> >

> It's easier (but still very hard) to do incremental updates of PF,
> than to jump to the most recent version of it. Besides, just think of
> it. OpenBSD developers themselves, went through all the intermediate
> versions before landing in 4.8.

Hi,

"Besides, just think of it." As the OpenBSD team ***did*** the work
(for others, DF including) why not to jump to the latest version? Is
not justified such thinking?

> I also grab the chance to thank Jan Lentfer in public, for his
> dedication and hard efforts that yielded excellent results.

My God, I only asked why... You are the second person paying tribute to
Mr Jan Lentfer publicly for His works taking advantage of my e-mail. Did
I say anything belittling His efforts and the results?

I thought it was understandable to all that His works are highly
appreciated.

Regards

P.S. Why everybody answers to my account and to the mailing list? I
subscribed to the mailing list with provision not to be clobbered with
double e-mails.

--
Przemysław Pawełczyk (P2O2) [pron. Pshemislav Paveltchick]
http://pp.blast.pl, pp_o2 at o2.pl
pgp00004.pgp