Project.

David Crosswell david.crosswell2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 15:49:26 PST 2010

Hello,I have a project in mind.I recently qualified, here in Australia,  as a Cert. IV, Trainer/Assessor.This is the course featured here, which will give you some idea of what that involves:http://www.carson.com.au/course_TAE40110.php

I've been involved with Debian for some years, so not entirely new to the Open Source area.I'm running PC-BSD at present, just having a look, although posting this from a Windows piece of filth in an internet cafe

because I'm moving house and don't have 'net access at present.What I'm looking at doing is getting up and running with the new BSD certification programme, as featured recently in BSDMag, forming that up into a registered training package in a similar format to those featured here:

http://www.ntis.gov.au/and training others up on that, while doing server installations into commercial situations to keep my head above water.Doing the BSD cert up as a registered training package would do a number of things, not least in having it accepted as

an established 'qualification' here in conventional 'establishment'
eyes, but also in facilitating a greater exposure of Dragonflyinto a wider training environment and ongoing adoption into areas such as large corporate and govt. projects.
I thought I'd contact the list to find out if there would be people
here that would be interested in assisting me with getting my knowledge within the DragonflyBSD environment up and running as quickly as possible in order to achieve this.
I'd be classified as a bit of a newbie, but I've been round the lists
for a while so I know I don't fit into the luser category.I don't expect anybody to do it for me.Sorry about the HTML, but I never have been able to find where you can turn that off in gmail's settings.
Regards,Dave Crosswell.--

In a world without walls, what need have we for Windows? http://www.weavers-web.org