BSDStats: Status Report

Mikel King mikel.king at olivent.com
Tue May 25 15:36:17 PDT 2010

On May 25, 2010, at 17:26, Alexander Polakov <polachok at gmail.com> wrote:

2010/5/26, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy at hub.org>:
As of this posting, we are getting reports in from all the *BSD
variants:

  PCBSD              4 872
  FreeBSD            1 627
  DesktopBSD           154
  NetBSD                43
  OpenBSD               15
  DragonflyBSD          14
  MidnightBSD            3
  MirBSD                 3

The sites includes basic instructions for installing / running on the
various *BSDs ...
Hey, man, don't you think this statistics is a bit stupid? It shows
only how many users
your statistics software has, not *BSD users count. And I bet you have
it installed by
default in PCBSD (and not others). So, what's the point?
--
Alexander Polakov | plhk.ru

Alex,

Installation of the reporting script is a voluntary install, however
pcbsd as an OS has elected to turn it on by default. Do you have a
better way of gathering these advocacy stats?

m!