starting Apache

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Tue May 18 21:13:44 PDT 2010

Thomas Nikolajsen wrote:
rc variable namespace still isn't separated, e.g. no reserved name space
for base rc scripts, any ideas for this?
this could probably be tweaked somehow in the scan / startup sequence
with rcorder(1) statements.. e.g. pass 1 for 'basic init', pass 2 for
'secondary init' -

but then it's getting complicated..

I like the simplicity of rcng, which lets the user kind of 'make their
own' policy, if desired..

for example, I just tweaked my own rc.conf to have a
little 'ops mode' toggle.
e.g: I set box to ops_mode='basic' for heavy maintinance,
do maintinance
tweak ops_mode='full'
and reboot
this keeps me from thinking 'oh right - that needs this, so don't enable
that' when doing maintinance.