wireless

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Fri May 7 13:32:59 PDT 2010

I tried wireless at the con but got no carrier. I installed some
wireless-related packages but couldn't get it to work. Here's the dmesg:

bwi0: <Broadcom BCM4306 802.11 Wireless Lan> mem 0xf8ffc000-0xf8ffdfff irq 11
at
 device 3.0 on pci2
bwi0: BBP: id 0x4306, rev 0x2, pkg 0
bwi0: MAC: rev 4
bwi0: PHY: type 2, rev 1, ver 1
bwi0: RF: manu 0x17f, type 0x2050, rev 2
bwi0: invalid antenna gain in sprom
bwi0: MAC address: 00:02:dd:85:12:76

And here's the section of ifconfig:

bwi0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        ether 00:02:dd:85:12:76
        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect
        status: no carrier
        ratectl: onoe
        ssid "" channel 1
        authmode OPEN privacy OFF txpowmax 100 bmiss 7 protmode CTS

I'm not at a wireless access point, so there is indeed no carrier, but it said
the same in the con's computer room. Any help?

Pierre
--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa