WINE - DFBSD

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Tue May 18 23:58:43 PDT 2010

Siju George wrote:
Virtualbox installation and qemu installation from pkgsrc failed for
me :-(
Just built qemu - will submit patches / fixes in a bit - but if you're
itching to try.. and assuming our pkgsrc dependencies are similar..

Note: I haven't actually *used* the build yet..
  so it might just crash instantly, etc.
Against 2010Q1 branch of pkgsrc, on 2.6:
(other branches / versions might work)
  - build until you get the SDL failure, then tweak the
    sdl 'main.c' file to comment out the block containing 'mlockall',
    resume w/'bmake package' - might need to cleanup the .o file
    from the error first..
  - continue build until you get the QEMU failure about OSSVERSION -
    comment it out, and set 'version = 0x030000',
    resume w/'bmake package'
incedentally, this makes pulseaudio build, if anyone has any broken
deps on that. (again - no idea if it works :)
2x things to fix :

1) we need mlockall()

   http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/mlockall.html
   for any ambitious VMem patch-making-ppl.
2) we probably should? define OSS_VERSION - or generally be more
   in step with oss.
I'll submit patches for pkgsrc / crosscheck pkgsrc current / file OS
bugs in a bit.. time for a nap :)

cheers

- Chris