2.7 amd64 Desktop issues ( mouse, RAM, perfomance etc. )

Siju George sgeorge.ml at gmail.com
Mon May 17 07:50:46 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 3:09 AM, YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx> wrote:
> Other things I'd do before throwing away the mainboard include:
> - Read THROUGH the mainboard's manual and make sure if it really supports
>  4Gbytes of main memory
> - Also check to see if you need to change the BIOS configuration,
>  such as `Memory Remap feature.'
>  also cf. http://forum.novatech.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15073
> - Make sure that the BIOS is up-to-date

Hi,

I got this thread about the chip set which says it is the lack of
drivers for 64 - bit OS is what makes the RAM unavailable to the OS
even though the mother board supports 4GB

http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f9/enable-4gb-ram-windows-7-32-bit-226914/

is there really any truth in that?

thanks :-)

--Siju