WINE - DFBSD

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri May 14 20:49:11 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 2:41 am, Krzysztof Langer wrote:
> Hi, this is my first post here so I would like to say HELLO to all, and
> thank you for DragonFlyBSD!
>
> I have a problem with installing WINE...
>
> Is it possible to run WINE with DragonFlyBSD?

>   -o internettransport.o internettransport.c
> internettransport.c: In function 'InternetTransport_WndProc':
> internettransport.c:325: error:
> 'Include_winsock_h_before_stdlib_h_or_use_the_MSVCRT_library' undeclared
> (first use in this function)

WINE is pretty complex; I wouldn't be surprised by some issues with it.
This error looks like it's perhaps a linuxism or something that isn't in
the right place in a makefile, but I'm not qualified to find a solution.

> To be honest I only need WINE for SigmaPlot & MS Word (both needed for
> work), so maybe there is other way to use those programs under DFBSD -
> (virtualbox is useless, since my netbook has 900MHz CPU, and 1GB of RAM).

Openoffice could work, though it's pretty heavy for that hardware.  Other
solutions - Abiword?  Antiword (only converts)?  Dig around
http://pkgsrc.se and see what you find.