devfsctl and sound devices

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Wed May 5 10:25:05 PDT 2010

	Hi,

	I've just installed a new motherboard (Asus M4A78L) which all seems
to work fine but the snd_hda driver installs two pcm devices pcm0 is a
mixer only device and pcm1 has the sound support. I would like to relink
the /dev/dsp to /dev/dsp1 instead of /dev/dsp0 (along with all the other
related devices) so I added this to /etc/devfs.conf

link dsp1 dsp

	and ran devfsctl -a -f /etc/dsvfs.conf, but nothing happened. The
link did not change. This is almost certainly finger trouble - what am I
doing wrong ?

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun