libjpeg version

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Mar 22 20:26:47 PDT 2010

On Mon, March 22, 2010 7:36 pm, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Monday 22 March 2010 16:37:40 Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> How did you install this Konqueror that was built using newer libjpeg?
>
> I don't remember. It may be a result of having two repos before. It's not
> Konqueror that requires libjpeg directly; khtml requires it. It is linked
> with version 7, but I have 8 installed (I got that backward), and 7 is a
> symlink.

Mixing repos causes pain, as you've found out.  The next release of pkgsrc
should be out soon, and moving to that (assuming it's using newer packages
for everything you're looking to install) may cure your issues.  It'll
take a good week for new binary packages to be built after the next pkgsrc
release is out, just from sheer volume.

> http://avalon.dragonflybsd.org/packages/i386/DragonFly-2.5/stable/All
> I had it set to chlamydia, but that's down. (Why is a computer
> called "chlamydia"?)

I had a computer with a hostname of "placebo", once.  When people asked
why, I'd say, "Oh, I don't know...  It just makes me feel better to name
it that."