Visibility of SIGVTALRM

Goetz Isenmann info at goetz-isenmann.de
Tue Mar 2 13:16:24 PST 2010

Hello!

What are my options, if I need an improved /usr/include/sys/signal.h?

The DragonFly version seems to be based on the FreeBSD version from
2001/04/19 with some modifications.

One of my problems is, that SIGVTALRM (used with setitimer and
ITIMER_VIRTUAL) is within an #ifndef _POSIX_SOURCE but should probably
have a visibility based on __BSD_VISIBLE, __POSIX_VISIBLE, and/or
__XSI_VISIBLE.

[ Found about setitimer
  CONFORMING TO
       POSIX.1-2001, SVr4, 4.4BSD (this call first appeared in 4.2BSD).  POSIX.1-2008
       marks getitimer() and setitimer() obsolete, recommending the use of the POSIX
       timers API (timer_gettime(2), timer_settime(2), etc.) instead.
]

I would clearly prefer, if anybody who knows about all the details
could update this (what?) part of DragonFly. Otherwise could someone
please give me an idea how this should be done.

--
Goetz