DragonFly 64-bit stability

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jun 9 11:11:26 PDT 2010

:I'm thinking of upgrading one server from 2GB to 6GB of memory.
:
:Since the regular DragonFly/i386 version will not be able to fully use it, I'm
:also considering upgrading the OS to Dragonfly/x86-64.
:
:The machine is mainly running Postgres, Apache and Ruby (fast-cgi) for use
:with a Ruby-on-Rails application.
:
:What is your experience with the 64-bit version ? Is it now stable enough to
:be used in a server ?
:
:All answers are welcome.
:
:--
:Francois Tigeot

    I think it's pretty stable.  pkgbox64 has been up 44 days (since the
    last kernel I rebooted it w/) and it does an incremental pkgsrc bulk
    build as well as a snapshot build from cron every day.

					<dillon at backplane.com>