The most supported X desktop for DragonFly

Rumko rumcic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 13:30:30 PDT 2010

Dennis Melentyev wrote:
> Hi all,

<snip>
> So, let me rephrase the question a little: what is the least problematic
> desktop for DragonFly? Ideally - everything work out of the box, easy
> upgradeable, feature rich (not sexiest, but lots of convenient widgets and
> tools).
>
> Gnome?
> KDE?
> Enlightning?
> ICEwm?
>
> Can you share your experience with your preferred WM/Desktop?
> Please, do not discuss pros'n'cons of them. I'm looking for something like
> "I'm happy with XYZ except for feature zyx."

I'm using KDE3 (and have for quite some time) and everything I need in kde,
seems to work.
I did try E16 at one time and seemed to work properly, but it has been quite a
while, so don't remember much more.

Most WMs in pkgsrc should compile (check the bulk build logs) and work, but
will probably have problems with sys info (cpu utilization and stuff like
that), depending on how (and if at all) they try to get that info.
--
Regards,
Rumko