dragonfly installation into virtualbox

Samuel J. Greear sjg at evilcode.net
Sat Jun 12 19:36:36 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Justin C. Sherrill
<justin at shiningsilence.com> wrote:
> On Sat, June 12, 2010 3:36 am, dark0s Optik wrote:
>> I tried to launch dragonfly x86 2.6.3 installation into virtualbox
>> 3.2, but it crash.
>> The output is:
>>
>> Debugger("panic"):
>> stopped at     0xc0537b3c      movb          $0, 0xc070fd34
>>
>> How can to install dragonfly into virtualbox?
>
> Try a different version of Virtualbox, or maybe a different emulator - it
> seems like every third release of Virtualbox doesn't work for running
> DragonFly, and then it does.

That's not the case, DragonFly has worked consistently on VirtualBox
for a year or so. On some machines it seems to panic on first boot,
but if you warm reset the virtual machine it may come up fine the
second time. Playing with the various machine settings such as APIC_IO
seems to fix this. I am beginning to get the impression that this only
happens on VirtualBox running under Windows.

Sam