HEADS UP: BIND Removal. Short instructions for migration to pkgsrc-BIND

Jan Lentfer Jan.Lentfer at web.de
Sun Jun 6 10:36:48 PDT 2010

Francois Tigeot schrieb:

[...]
Of course, the server part of the package is completely useless to me. A
minimal bind9-client pkgsrc package would be ideal, IMHO.

FreeBSD does have this in ports now. But acutally they are just building
a fully static version of the entire bind distribution and then just
install dig, host, nslookup etc and throw the rest away again. As far as
I can tell, you can't build any tools from the BIND distribution without
building the whole thing.

Jan

--
professional: http://www.oscar-consult.de