Abnormal termination of greeter

Krzysztof Langer klanger at wp.pl
Thu Jul 29 22:15:20 PDT 2010

There is an issue with pkgsrc and packages.
Some packages are updated, some not and in the end you can't install all
apps that you would like to (specially from /pkgsrc/wip directory).

Eg. if you start your installation with parcellite & i3, you will not be
able to install gmplayer or any other media player (vlc) - the only one
you can is kaffeine (with KDE base).

If you start installation with gmplayer, you will not be able to install
parcellite (some times also i3).

Usually the problem was with png, atk and glib -> those were out-of-date
and could not be updated with out deleting most gnome stuff (in the end
you had to reinstall all apps or even DFBSD).

All this started after redirecting vendor to master in Makefile.

KL.