HEADS UP: dm, lvm, cryptsetup and initrd on master

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 18:49:14 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 8:38 PM, Adam Vande More <amvandemore at gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Alex <ahornung at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

as you know I've been working on getting dm and lvm into DragonFly. I've
just committed my work so far which includes the following:
 - dm kernel part (including linear, stripe and crypt targets)
 - dm userland library
 - lvm userland tools
 - cryptsetup (with LUKS stuff)
 - some further modifications to the initrd stuff Forgive my ignorance, but how does this stuff work with the kernel?  Isn't it GPL'd?  If so, isn't that a problem?
Nevermind, didn't see the NetBSD part, I see it has been rewritten, sry for the noise. -- Adam Vande More