for notebook

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jul 6 10:10:33 PDT 2010

:I have sony vaio VGN-NR21Z and when I load dragonfly system,
:then I have following messages:
:
:Fatal trap 19: non-maskable interrupt trap while in kernel mode
:..........
:..........
:..........
:..........
:kernel: type 19 type, code = 0
:stopped at fwphy_rddata + 0x96: testw %bx,%bx
:db>
:
:What is the problem?

    The firewire chipset is either trying to access invalid physical
    memory or shared ram on the firewire chipset is asserting a parity
    error on the PCI bus (usually due to not being properly intitialized).

    Our firewire driver has the fixes from FreeBSD in 2007 and I don't
    see anything else that could be the cause, so you may have to compile
    up a custom kernel without the firewire driver (or, if you can, try
    disabling it in the BIOS instead).

					<dillon at backplane.com>