disk name changed

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jul 5 20:07:17 PDT 2010

:Hi Pierre,
:
:I would suggest you to use the serno to avoid those issues. Just 'ls
:-l /dev/serno' to check your disk serial number and then adapt your
:fstab accordingly.
:
:Cheers,
:Antonio Huete

    /etc/fstab and /etc/rc.conf (e.g. the dump device specification).

    I've also taken to always putting a serno based root filesystem
    specification in /boot/loader.conf.  e.g. something like:

	vfs.root.mountfrom="hammer:/dev/serno/WD-WCAVY0250739.s1d"

    The nice thing about using serial numbers for everything is that
    you never have to worry about how the disk actually attaches to the
    system.

					<dillon at backplane.com>