SMP

Przemysław Pawełczyk pp_o2 at o2.pl
Wed Jul 28 14:46:55 PDT 2010

I workd with NetBSD and OpenBSD for some time a few years ago. I used
mostly NetBSD on my PC.

My question is. I have read that DragonFly is targeted to SMP but I was
unable to find out any information concerning the subject. How it runs
on up-to-date MoBos (e.g. AMD), how it compares to NetBSD, RedHat
(CenTOS, SL), and FreeBSD (someone said the best SMP systems on
the market), how HAMMER support SMP (e.g. a few cores running sh scripts
in parallel with heavy use of disk(s)), whether HAMMER can be
compared to ZFS or RAIDs in some applications), etc.

My impression is, reading DF mailing list and looking thru posts
spit out by Google that everything in DF is "in statu nascendi" albeit
it is promoted as "production system".

I'd appreciate any replies - explanations, hyperlinks to proper sources,
etc.

Please reckon my question as a folow up to the issue whether "to use
new GPT to catch more Linux users or stock to old disklabels". :-)

I'd like to get to know better the DF before putting it on my
partitions.

Best regards,
Przemysław Pawełczyk

--
Przemysław Pawełczyk (P2O2) [pren. Pshemislav Paveltchick]
http://pp.blast.pl, pp_o2 at o2.pl
pgp00000.pgp