SiI 3124 support

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Jan 30 10:36:48 PST 2010

:Cool, it "just works".  I tried it today using a Rosewill RC-217 4-port SATA
:PCI card.  I was able to create a Hammer volume and copy files to it.
: Attached is the dmesg:
:
:Thanks,
:Tim

    Heh.  Actually it didn't quite work.  The ATA driver picked it up.
    The ATA driver does have support for the 3124 but it isn't as advanced
    as the SILI driver.  You won't get hotswap or NCQ, for example.  If
    you want to experiment please try adding the PCI ID entry to the SILI
    driver and see if it can probe it.  If it can it will take precedence
    over the ATA probe of the same device.