DVD that other computers can't play

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sun Feb 7 08:10:18 PST 2010

On Sun, February 7, 2010 8:28 am, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Sunday 07 February 2010 03:24:33 Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
>> 	Eeek vlc has no dependency on kdegraphics here.
>
> I updated pkgsrc before trying to install it. The current version of vlc
> depended on an updated version of some library, which caused something in
> kde
> to have to be upgraded, which failed. There is now a vlc in pkgin, which
> I'm
> trying to install, but I get this error:
> pkgin: could not stat url:
> http://avalon.dragonflybsd.org/packages/i386/DragonFly-2.5/stable/All/libdca-0.0.5.tgz:
> Not Found

This can't be redistributed as a package:

(from the Makefile)
RESTRICTED=	Unresolved patent issue
NO_BIN_ON_CDROM=${RESTRICTED}
NO_BIN_ON_FTP=	${RESTRICTED}
NO_SRC_ON_CDROM=${RESTRICTED}
NO_SRC_ON_FTP=	${RESTRICTED}

If you build/install it manually and then continue with the binary install
process, you should be fine.  (barring any other restricted packages.)