ogg123 tries to use the alsa device

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Fri Feb 5 19:22:43 PST 2010

I installed vorbis-tools and encoded a wav file I created, then tried to play
it. I got the following:

ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:3513:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:3513:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned
error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:3513:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned
error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:3985:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or
directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2206:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
=== Could not load default driver and no driver specified in config file.
Exiting.

The Advanced Linux Sound Architecture, of course, does not exist on BSD. I
tried oss, to which it said "No such device oss." I know oss exists, because
XMMS uses it. I tried sun and a few others; they don't exist either. It
doesn't even have esd or arts, so I can't pipe the sound through them.

Pierre
--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa