ltp can't find /proc/cpuinfo

Oliver Fromme check+kx5xy800rsiwt3vh at fromme.com
Mon Feb 1 05:08:35 PST 2010

Pierre Abbat <phma at phma.optus.nu> wrote:
 > I ran runalltests.sh and got the attached output. /proc/cpuinfo does
 > not exist, but /compat/linux/proc/cpuinfo does. How do I run ltp so
 > that it finds it?

Run it with /compat/linux/bin/bash.

 > There's also a lot more in /proc on Linux than on the emulator.

Right, the Linux folks have put a lot of cruft in /proc
that doesn't really belong in a process file system.
DragonFly (and FreeBSD) have a much cleaner approach to
the contents of /proc.

(However, my personal opinion is that /proc per-se is a
dirty hack that exists for historic reasons only.  On my
FreeBSD machines I don't mount it anymore at all, because
it's inefficient, nothing really uses it, and it's a
potential security risk.  I think it's a mistake that
Linux depends so much on /proc.)

Best regards
   Oliver