Pango fails in Linux program

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Sun Dec 12 08:48:37 PST 2010

bst is a program for developing programs for the Propeller microcontroller. I
run it on DragonFly and get the following:

bash-3.00$ ./bst.linux

(bst.linux:93831): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically loaded modules
were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
there was an error in the creation of:
  '/etc/opt/gnome/pango/pango.modules'
You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.

(bst.linux:93831): Pango-CRITICAL **: _pango_engine_shape_shape: assertion
`PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed

Pango-ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed:
(glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)

It runs fine on my Linux box, except that I don't have a Propeller chip for it
to detect. It needs the Parallax font, but that's not the problem; when I ran
it on Linux before installing the font, it just used another font.

/etc/opt/gnome/pango/pango.modules exists and contains lines about various
Indic scripts. There is no suse-pango package, and suse-fontconfig and
suse-freetype2 are installed. How do I fix this?

Pierre
--
I believe in Yellow when I'm in Sweden and in Black when I'm in Wales.