Horrible DF accident. Film at 11.

Tim Darby t+dfbsd at timdarby.net
Tue Dec 7 13:00:10 PST 2010

So, I just installed DF on my shiny new GA-890GPA-UD3H equipped machine and, after some grumblings about PMProbes failing, I got this exciting error message:

REINIT - Attempting to reinitialize the port after it had a horrible accident

I had to chuckle over that.  I mean, really, if you're going to have a message like that, you need to accompany it with sound effects. :)

I'm guessing my mistake was to throw on 2.8.2 instead of a recent dev snapshot with the latest AHCI fixes.  Does that sound right?  I can, of course, provide a dmesg, if needed, but I'm not at the machine right now.

Tim